Collage: n. an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc. are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relationship for their symbolic or suggestive effect. 2. any collection of seemingly unrelated bits and parts, as in a photomontage vt. to arrange (material) in a collage

Thursday, November 3, 2011

I stumbled across this piece today and it caught my attention because I've been working on a similar project (all paper though).  *sigh* Now my piece doesn't feel as original anymore.  I don't know if this is by Terry Gilliam or if it's a homage to him, but I like it.  As for my project, I've spent several months looking for the main piece (a woman's head) and I finally found it a few weeks ago. Hopefully, it will be done soon. In the meantime, I've also toyed with starting an art journal.  Not really sure how that will pan out since I feel odd committing a good piece of work to a paper canvas.  It doesn't feel permanent and I'm afraid it will age or tear easily.  I think I'll just stick with cardboard.  It's served me well thus far.


No comments: